About UsAt First Class HALT we treat our customers the way we want to be treated and we treat your vehicle like our own. We want to help you protect the investment you have made in your vehicle by providing the best preventative maintenance service available. Our mission is to deliver high quality, accurate work at affordable prices. We will never sell you a service or repair that doesn’t absolutely need to be done. You can be sure that when you come to First Class HALT, your vehicle will receive only the service that it requires and nothing else. Future required maintenance will be prioritized, allowing the customer to budget for needed repairs “down the road.” First Class HALT is a shop you can trust and we work quickly and efficiently on your vehicle, saving you money. Every customer who comes through our door can expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. Our relationships over the years have been built on honesty and integrity and we are proud to continue that tradition. We pride ourselves on providing you with dealership services at a fraction of the cost. You can trust our quality of service—your complete satisfaction is our goal.
Owner Mark Maitland-Smith is a Master ASE Certified Technician and was a Platinum Level Honda Technician for four years. Mark has won awards for best technician of the month and of the year for five years. With 21 years of experience in the automotive industry, he is exceptionally qualified to provide you with the type of service and repair that will get your vehicle back on the road and save you money. He is a graduate of Alfred University, New York, with an Automotive Degree and is a Master ASE technician and was a Platinum Level Honda technician—the highest level awarded. Mark has a strong educational background in the field of automobile repairs and service and brings a significant depth of industry experience. His dealership experience includes 15 years of Honda and 2 years with Toyota & Lexus. Mark’s diagnostic ability is renowned. Cars that no one else can fix are sent to him, both inside and outside of dealerships. He is always able to find the problem and remedy it. Mark established First Class HALT to focus on repairs and service for primarily Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus owners in the Greenville and Anderson areas. With a more friendly and personal environment than the dealerships, First Class HALT is proud to offer you superior service, competitive pricing, and the knowledge that you and your vehicle will be taken care of.
- 30+ years working in the public eye!
- Familiarity with excellent customer service.
- Optimization of customer experience.
- Advancements throughout the years leading to managerial positions, including Team Leader, Management, and Human Resources.
Service Manager / Lexus Specialist
- Graduated Greenville Technical College with a 2 year Associate’s Degree in Business
- Worked at Lexus of Greenville for 10 years as a Service Manager/Master Certification Level
- Won the Elite Lexus Award 9 out of 10 years—this award is only given to the top 10% of Lexus Dealers in the Nation!
Shop Foreman / Honda Specialist
- 22+ years’ experience with Honda; Factory Trained.
- 3+ years as an FCH Technician, then promoted to Shop Foreman.
- ASE Certified Mechanic
Acura / Honda Tech
- 1978: Graduated from a BOCES Automotive Tech School (Upstate New York)
- Many Manufacturing Schools
- 38 Years’ Experience
- Factory Trained in: Honda, Isuzu, Subaru, and Chrysler Plymouth
- ACE Certified Experience Master Tech
Mechanic / Toyota & Hybrid Specialist
- Master ASE
- Master Toyota Certification/Hybrid Certification
- Trained at Southeast Toyota
- 15 Years’ Experience